Author Anthony DeStefano’s adult books, The Prayers God Always Says Yes ToA Travel Guide to Heaven, have sold a quarter-million copies. Illustrator Mark Elliott’s cherished artwork has appeared in popular picture books and novels for young readers, including Gail Carson Levine’s ever-popular Princess Tales series.
Now, these acclaimed inspirational experts have come together to create This Little Prayer of Mine, a beautiful and alluring book designed to guide children into a very simple, real and expressive relationship with God. and
Through engaging rhymes and alluring illustrations, This Little Prayer of Mine shows children—and their parents and grandparents—that complete dependence on God is what brings peace and fulfillment. It invites children to know and believe that God is always just a simple prayer away and that He longs to respond to them with a resounding, “Yes!”
This Little Prayer of Mine appeals to readers from all different faiths. Easy-reader format allows children to read alone, or with someone older, and encourages them to openly express their fears, thanks, and needs directly to God.
Anthony DeStefano is the author of The Prayers God Always Says Yes To and A Travel Guide to Heaven. He has received prestigious awards from religious organizations worldwide for his efforts to advance Christian beliefs in modern culture.
Mark Elliott’s brilliant illustrations have appeared in popular picture books and novels for young readers, including Gail Carson Levine’s Princess Tales series. His acclaimed artwork delivers inspiration, wonder, and timeless beauty on every page.
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This Little Prayer of Mine is a book full of wonderful pictures that spark the imagination and with a few words per page it really allows a child to take in and fully absorb the message within. It is never too early to start teaching your children how to pray and that their prayers, as are all prayers, are important to God. This book is a perfect tool to help in teaching that lesson. This would be a great book for bedtime or anytime, or even a good one to memorize.
*Thanks to Staci Carmichael of WaterBrook Multnomah for providing a copy for review.*
- subscribe to Creative Madness through Feedburner and confirm
- follow Creative Madness through GFC (on sidebar)
- add me to your technorati favs
- fan Creative Madness on Facebook
- follow me on twitter @cherryblossommj or @cherryblossomch and tweet including the following terms in your original tweet (#giveaway @cherryblossommj @waterbrookpress) and a link to this post
- email a friend about this giveaway and cc:email me
- blog about the giveaway, come back and link to your post
- comment on other non giveaway posts and tell me where
- Grab my button and link to my blog (sidebar) and tell me where I can find it