Storia is the free downloadable children’s eReading app and eBook system that grows with your children from toddlers to teens and helps them learn and love to read in a fun, educational and engaging way. Storia can be downloaded free at www.scholastic.com/storia.
- Storia comes from Scholastic – the people who know how children read and learn. The editors at Scholastic carefully curate a wide selection of eBooks so that every child can find just the right book for his or her reading level and interest.
- Storia is safe and easy to use and is available for PC and iPad; availability on Android tablets, iPhones, and Android phones later this year.
- Storia offers carefully selected, quality books that kids love to read in an eReading experience tailored to children’s age and reading level.
- Storia helps kids learn and interact with books containing key features designed to support their reading and fuel engagement.
- Storia offers enriched eBooks that feature audio narration, pronunciation tools, phonics, and vocabulary activities. These key features help emerging readers develop reading fluency, comprehension, and critical thinking skills. Older, established readers can take notes, highlight text, and access videos that offer real-world context for book topics.
- Storia features Pronunciation tools and leveled children’s dictionaries, notes and highlighter. The Smart Storia Dictionary™ defines and pronounces any word readers highlight. This customized, age-appropriate dictionary is embedded right into each story.
- Storia allows parents to monitor their children’s progress, see what new words they learned, how many pages they read, and how many minutes they spent reading each day. Parents can set up individual bookshelves for each of their children and purchase new eBooks.
- Storia comes with FIVE free eBooks.
- Storia rewards teachers. Parents who already participate in Scholastic Book Clubs can earn rewards for their child’s teacher with eBook purchases, which can be redeemed for more books and classroom supplies.
Storia caters to the reading needs and levels of each child, providing age-appropriate features that help develop reading enjoyment and proficiency. Parents never have to worry about their child accessing content outside the app or purchasing books without their knowledge.
*Information found in the Scholastic Media Room*