Life is sooo crazy! I am behind on practically everything I want to tell you. I almost do not know where to begin and I cannot believe that the year is half over. I guess 2012 has been a bit impersonal on my blog and I’m sorry. We’ve just been sick again and again. Trying to keep up with reviews, much less anything else has been just well, non existent and I apologize. I decided to do a Project Life and that has not gone very far either, but perhaps it will.
Let’s see… In this post I want to update you on Blossom School. I’ve been working pretty hard on our calendar wall, and it is still a work in progress. I’m trying to make this quarter of my quilting den very education friendly for the girls. We’re not going to have a classroom per say, but this ought to do it.
I’m going to let the pictures tell the story mostly. Let’s see other updates… look for a post on the nursery… Um… OrangeBlossom went from standing alone in the end of May to walking at the end of June. She’s got some speed now! AppleBlossom is fully recovered from her adenoid-tonsillectomy! Sinus issues are coming and going and it appears everyone is healthy now, except me. Hah. But on to pictures…
- Dots on Chocolate Calendar Kit (including Days of the Week and The Season is) from Creative Teaching Resources
- Mary Englebreit Inspirational Sayings also from CTP
- Mr Printables (FREE) What Happens When You Mix Colors?
- Homeschool Creations (FREE) Alphabet chart, The Pledge of Allegiance
- Confessions of a Homeschooler (LOTW) Color and Shape Flashcards as well as What is the Weather Like Today? graph
- Funny Font Book from Happy Brown House
- Bible chart and …of the day chart made by me. [Influenced by 1+1+1=1]
Wow… looking at these pictures some things have already changed… so I’ll have to update you on that. First I can tell you is that the clear thumb tacks did not work out with the weather graph. They fell out from too much “use”. I replaced them with clear Command hooks – these are excellent! The blue pocket chart is the Scholastic Standard pocket chart, but now I also have the Scholastic Calendar chart as well to use with things like Calendar Connections and other double sided calendar cards.
The Dots on Chocolate Library Pockets are holding The Story for Little Ones Trading Cards. Each lesson we change to the current card and she loves being able to review the others.
More to come!