TwinTank Steam Mop from Hoover
Not your average mop!
The Hoover® brand is continuing that tradition with its new family of TwinTank™ Steam Cleaners. These steam cleaners are designed to clean and refresh your entire home, while conveniently removing tough stains and everyday dirt and grime. These Hoover® steam cleaners offer a unique approach to steam cleaning by utilizing an adjustable control TwinTank™ system, which allows the user to clean surfaces of their home with steam alone, or with Hoover® SteamPlus™ Cleaning Solution. Fingertip controls on each Hoover® steam cleaner makes cleaning tasks simple with the flexibility you want and the true clean you deserve.
The TwinTank™ Steam Mop is ideal for everyday cleaning or removing tough stains from all hard floors including laminate, tile, hardwood, engineered hardwood, vinyl, sealed stone, and more. Unlike competitors that rely on steam alone, Hoover provides a proprietary 100% biodegradable formula cleaning solution that allows the Hoover® TwinTank™ Steam Mop to OUT CLEAN other steam mops1. Equipped with an on-demand steam trigger, 30 foot power cord, and adjustable solution control, the TwinTank™ Steam Mop makes your floor cleaning task easier than before.
- Out Cleans other steam mops1 – CE testing to prove we out clean other leading steam mops when using the proprietary Hoover® SteamPlus™ Cleaning Solution.
- Disinfects & Kills or Removes2 greater than 99.99% of harmful bacteria3 with steam alone including MRSA, Staph, and Salmonella
- TwinTank™ Technology – allows users to keep our 100% biodegradable formula cleaning solution and water separate for total control; Disinfect with steam alone2 or OUT CLEAN other steam mops1 with Hoover® SteamPlus™ Cleaning Solution.
- Solution Control Dial – users can easily control the amount of cleaning solution used to meet the needs of any cleaning job
- 30-Foot Power Cord – consumers can clean more areas of their home without re-plugging
- Removable Tanks – for easy filling and emptying convenience
- Triangular Swivel Mop Head – the mop head can pivot and maneuver into tight corners and along baseboards
- Carpet Glider – refresh rugs and carpet
- Microfiber Triangle Pads – ideal for cleaning multiple flooring types
- Soft-Touch Grip – designed for comfort with a soft-touch grip on the inside
- Cord Release – Features a rotating quick release
- “Steam Ready” Indicator LED – alerts users when steamer is heated and ready for use
The Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop is a fairly impressive little tool. It seems to be a well thought out design. It was comfortable to use on both tile and wood floors (I haven’t tried it on carpet yet). The cleaning pad is large enough that it didn’t take forever to clean the floors but also small enough that it didn’t feel like pushing a heavy block around. The hooks for wrapping up the power cord are large and sturdy feeling. Some vacuums could learn from this. The two fluid containers (1 for holding water and 1 for cleaning solution) are easy to handle and install. Those containers are conveniently labeled so you don’t mix up which one is water only (for making the steam) versus which one has the cleaning solution in it. They are also both small meaning they aren’t heavy and they easily fit under the kitchen faucet for filling. One more happy detail is that the head pivots making it easy to get into corners and around furniture. Because it uses steam, there is a minute or so delay after pressing the power button before it is actually ready to use but it wasn’t a problem. That left time to pick up the last few stray toys from the floor.
Now, how is the price justified versus using the normal old spray cleaner and microfiber pad on a stick? First, it just feels better to use. The ergonomics are nicely done. Mainly though, it’s the steam cleaning capability that seals the deal. Cleaning sprays are good but having steam to sterilize the tile in a kitchen or bathroom gives a certain piece of mind. The Hoover has a dial allowing adjustment of the mixture from all steam with no solution up to all solution with no steam. So it can do a normal floor cleaning or actually sanitize. One important observation is that I had to keep the setting at mostly steam (very little cleaning solution) on our wood floors. Getting too much solution on the floor left the wood looking dull and streaked. However, after going back over it with just water and a clean microfiber pad, the floors looked great and even felt really good. After a few more uses, I think I’ll have figured out the best settings so that it doesn’t streak on the wood. I’ve only used it twice and the second time definitely had better results than the first. Thanks to a 1yr old child leaving half chewed food for us to find, there were some tough spots that still took a good hand scrubbing to get off the tile but the Hoover did a good job in general. The Hoover is definitely worth trying out.
“I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own.”